Leave a legacy by transforming the lives of older adults
A gift to Older Adults Technology Services (OATS) from AARP in your will, trust, or by beneficiary designation ensures your values carry on past your lifetime. This is one of the most popular ways to support a charity—and for good reason.
OATS helps older adults learn to use and leverage technology to transform their lives and their communities. Through its flagship program, Senior Planet, OATS works closely with older adults to create extraordinary experiences in-person and online. As one of AARP’s charitable affiliates, the mission of OATS is “to harness the power of technology to change the way we age.”
There are many benefits to legacy giving:
- You retain control of your assets during your lifetime.
- There is no minimum amount; you can leave a gift of any size.
- You can easily modify your plans to address your changing needs.
Discover your giving options
Gifts by beneficiary designation
You can support life changing education for seniors and redefine aging in America by simply naming OATS as a beneficiary of any of these types of accounts:
- Funds from an IRA, 401(k), or other qualified retirement plan.
- A fully paid life insurance policy.
- Certificates of deposit.
- Bank accounts.
- Brokerage accounts.
- Contributions remaining in a donor-advised fund.
To name OATS as a beneficiary of an account, follow these simple steps:
- Request a beneficiary form from your bank or plan administrator. This form—not your will—determines how these assets are distributed after your lifetime.
- Write in “Older Adults Technology Services, Inc” as a beneficiary (or partial or contingent beneficiary) using our current business address: 167 7th St, Ste 3A Brooklyn, NY 11215.
- If the form requests a Social Security number, use our tax identification number: 55-0882599.
Gifts in your will or trust
Your will or trust allows you to specify how you would like your assets distributed after your lifetime. You can make specific provisions for each of your loved ones, while also supporting the causes close to your heart.
You can designate a specific dollar amount or percentage of your estate for OATS. You can also make OATS a “contingent beneficiary,” in which case we will receive assets in the event that your primary beneficiary does not survive you.
To leave a gift to OATS in your will or trust, share this sample language with your advisor or lawyer:
I give and devise to Older Adults Technology Services, Inc, located in Brooklyn, NY, EIN: 55-0882599, [sum or property] ___________ for its unrestricted charitable use and purpose.
Tell us about your gift
Your gift can inspire others to support older adults in a meaningful way. If you have left a gift for OATS in your will, trust, or by beneficiary designation, please tell us. We would love the chance to thank you and to ensure that your wishes are carried out.
Franklin Guerrero, Vice President of Philanthropy, Major Gifts and Gift Planning – firstname.lastname@example.org
Or write to us at:
OATS from AARP, 167 7th St, Ste 3A, Brooklyn, NY 11215