Senior Planet Low-Density Communities (LDC) powerfully equips local organizations in rural or low-density areas with the tools to help older adults access technology and use it to enhance their lives.
Senior Planet LDC is an adaptable program model that works with community-based organizations to bring Senior Planet’s world-class programs to older adults across the country. Through a licensing structure, Senior Planet works with community-based organizations to develop local trainers to deliver Senior Planet’s proprietary curriculum to older residents in their areas. In addition to training development, Senior Planet provides organizations with:
- An exclusive license for enrolled counties
- Trainer coaching, support and ongoing professional development
- Support for program administrators
- Initialization kit with optimal tech requirements and tools for administrators, plus options for packaged tech solutions or “Tech Spots”
- Consultations and special guidance
- Access to a digital Program Support Center
- Newsletter on tech news, profiles of Senior Planet LDC counties, and new program offerings
- Senior Planet membership for all older adult participants
The low-density community expansion program also provides organizations with access to Senior Planet’s curriculum, including a robust library of in-person lectures and workshops. Programs can also supplement offerings with Seniorplanet.org online-only classes.
If your organization is interested in bringing Senior Planet programming to your community, contact Senior Planet Program Coordinator Deirdre Lee at [email protected]